ONLINE STORE RE-OPENS TODAY AT 3PM! HORRAY!
- I had mentioned that I was going to try and integrate with Swiftpost to provide an even more reduced shipping rate, however- they're not fully migrated with Shopify (the eCommerce that I use) and would cause some confusion/potential delays and manual entering for each order until that switch over happens.So going forward- All shipped orders will remain with Canada Post until the time being.
- Canada Post has made the following announcement in an e-mail to small businesses dated March 19th: "Canada Post will be suspending our On-time Delivery Guarantees for all parcel services, until further notice. This means that some residents and businesses may begin to experience slower than normal delivery". *Please see this link if you need to access any information regarding any updates on the Canada Post end.
- To be pro-active with the world situation, depending on the amount of orders received, I will be making 1-2 trips to the post office per week to drop off orders. *This will help reduce my personal risk and be pro-active with social distancing from March 20- April 10th (*Subject to change as the situation in Canada may change*).
ORDERS FOR PICK-UP:
- With all the shops announcements indicating that they are currently closed until April 1st*. I have decided to offer (Free) local pick-up in Newcastle for those living in the surrounding area UNTIL APRIL 1ST*. (*date subject to change depending on store closures/openings*) If shops are re-opening, then local pick up will get transferred to the shops* Changes will automatically be updated on the website and an announcement will be made to inform you. If you place an order for pick up after changes have been made, your order will still remain local pick-up in Newcastle and only be applied to new orders. *All communications regarding order pick up will take place via e-mail.
- Same as before, once your order is ready, you will receive an e-mail (so please check your spam/junk folder). Your e-mail will have pick-up instructions, address, details, etc. At this current time, I have no clue what to expect orders placed volume wise, but you should hear back from me within 1-3 business days*. Weekends are spent with family and you may not hear back from me during these non-working days*
- If you are a "regular" local pick up, please be mindful of the new address change for local pick-up in the e-mail* I am taking a mini hiatus from the studio and have more room to package online orders at my uncles home. (*bless him for allowing me to destroy his home with packing peanuts lmao. jk).
"2 WEEK PRODUCT MAKING HIATUS":
- What is uploaded as of today on the online store is the entirety of my stock that I had initially made for the Picks and Giggles Show, and the 5 day OOAK show. *Depending on how long this life situation lasts - and depending on the supplies I have on hand/ can get ahold of, I cannot replenish some items until my stock significantly depletes. Between shop closures, 3 show cancellations (with some non-refunded)... I simply am unable to. Please bare with me, but I am on my A-game to get through this, staying positive because this time in life is just TEMPORARY. 🙏
- This "hiatus" will also ensure no risk to you and my products that are already safe, sealed and packaged.
Thank you everyone for your continued and unbelievable support. Even if you are unable to make a purchase, it would mean the world to me if you re-share my posts, or a post on social media <3
Much love and thanks, Meg xoxo
*IF NOT READ YET, PLEASE START FROM MARCH 17TH POST*
The Spring Hello Makers Market scheduled for April 25th has now been cancelled in which I was to attend. They have informed vendors that they are going to try and re-schedule the event to a later date. This event will be taken off my markets/events calendar until the new date is announced.
They may announce here to the public on their events page or delete it - whatever they decide to do, CLICK HERE for their facebook event page.
The Nooks Oshawa Centre - This location is now closed for the next 2 weeks. I have been informed that over 90% of the stores within the mall are also currently closed. This location will be closed until April 1st.
Markets by Dreamday in Brooklin - shop will be closed effective today March 18th. The shop will be working on ideas like virtual shopping on IG lives etc. Please follow their social media and keep up to date with further details on this announcement.
MARCH 17TH (6:45 PM)
EFFECTIVE MARCH 17TH FOR THE NOOKS:
The Nooks - Port Hope
The Nooks - Kingston
Are currently closed until April 1st, 2020. This is subject to change depending on the COVID-19 situation. But for now, this is the latest update.
̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶N̶o̶o̶k̶s̶-̶ ̶O̶s̶h̶a̶w̶a̶ ̶C̶e̶n̶t̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶s̶:̶
̶M̶o̶n̶d̶a̶y̶-̶ ̶S̶a̶t̶u̶r̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶1̶1̶a̶m̶-̶7̶p̶m̶
̶S̶u̶n̶d̶a̶y̶-̶ ̶1̶1̶a̶m̶-̶5̶p̶m̶ * Changed March 18th
MARKETS BY DREAMDAY UPDATE: MARCH 17TH
̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶r̶o̶o̶k̶l̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶s̶.̶ * Changed March 18th
The Bowmanville grand-opening has been post-poned to April 8th.
* As more information is given to me, the website will be updated*
To stay current on each store location, please also check into the shop websites and social media platforms should a change be made on their end before I get a chance to update the website:
*ONLINE STORE CHANGES + SHIPPING CHANGES + PRODUCT AVAILABILITY*
With the government advisement to practice in social distancing, I- myself will also be participating for the next 3 weeks as I do fall under the "vulnerable" persons for COVID-19 having asthma. As most of you are aware, Blazing Bombs is solely a one-woman-run business - so what does this means for you?:
*Please note this is TEMPORARY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- SHIPPING: Because I will be practicing social distancing - as most of us should so we can get out of this global situation sooner rather than later, I am limiting the amount of errands I would normally do to once/week. This means that effective online store opening, I will be designating one day/week to drop off all orders received to the post office. Because of this, please expect 1 week delay delivery* I promise you, your order will be shipped out and will make sure it gets out to you!
- E-MAIL RE: "ORDER HAS BEEN SHIPPED": Keep in mind once your shipping label is printed, an automatic e-mail is sent to you to tell you that your order has been "shipped". But, because I am limiting my post office drop offs for the first 2-3 weeks, this means your order has been packaged and is in que to make it to the post office. So if you notice your order has not left Newcastle for a couple days, please keep this in mind.
- NO IN-STORE PICK UPS: Because of the changes made in our country almost hourly, store closures, hour changes make it difficult to re-arrange every order. Online purchases will only be shipped out until further notice.
- ONLINE PRODUCT AVAILABILITY: Effective online store opening for the first 2-3 weeks, I will NOT be making any product during this time for the following reasons:
- OOAK was to be scheduled March 25-29 in which I have spent a tremendous amount of time to create enough inventory and investing a lot of money into. Now, I am sitting on a lot of bath bombs and soap inventory. What will be available for online relaunch is what has been made for the OOAK show. (I will worry about making more stock later).
- To limit the amount of areas I am having to go to - I will not be making trips to suppliers in the GTA for 2-3 weeks. Some suppliers may also be closed during this time and I need to focus on the inventory I already have at Blazing Bombs HQ.
- In addition to the following, I am also uncertain of my financial situation so I am not sure how to budget funds for supplies until I get a better understanding of what kind of impact this will have on my business.
Thank you everyone for your continued support. I am doing my best to give you guys the most recent up-to-date information as I received. Please remember that these extra precautions are temporary and in effect for 2-3 weeks (until mid-April)* which is subject to change as news is changing almost hourly at this time.
There is so much uncertainty occurring right now and every small business is being greatly affected trying to keep afloat unsure what tomorrow has to bring or the next few months. Not just small businesses, but we are all being affected as individuals. As a community we need to work together, take the necessary measures to fight this and support one another. Even if you are unable to make a small purchase from a small business, you can still help us through social media and share the love:
Photo from: @boundlove
Stay home, stay safe and wash your hands. Practice in social distancing and take this time to spend with your families. Remember, this situation is temporary, not forever. <3
Thank you - Meg xoxo